Friday, 12 December 2008

I've been walking on cloud nine for a couple of days now...

...my 33rd birthday will be one i will never forget, because that beautiful man of mine asked me to become his wife. I couldn't believe it when he pulled out the most gorgeous ring, the ring I've dreamed about. Our 2 little cupcakes looked on and after I'd said yes, yes, yes. Molly said "mummy does this mean you're be a princess now" awww bless her. Daisy just wanted to see in what was in the box, her Daddy had given to me.
That afternoon we took the ring back down to be sized as it was a bit big. Ben had no idea of what size, bless and guessed. And not to bad, it was only 2 sizes to big lol but i do have really small fingers. We can go down on Saturday and collect it. My Granny and Jade will have the girls for us while we pop out to get it. And i can wear it proudly from then on. Thank you Ben you have made me the happiest person alive and i will be the best wife you could ever ask for. I love you with all my heart. X
My fabulous day didn't end there, i had yummy chocolate cupcakes.....

This lovely cook book from the cupcakes, lots of yummy treats and dinners in here for me to try.

I was a very good girl and saved this little lots for until my big day and was delighted with everything inside it. Sooo much pink, it is just fabulous. Thank you, thank you Alison you are a real sweetie. The girls love their little pink hearts and have hung them on our tree. Big kiss form them too X X

And here is my Mum's fun present of pass the parcel lol it was a box inside a box, wrapped up inside another box lol gorgeous floral mug. Thank you mum i love it. The patten is very much like Cath Kidston's style. My Mummy knows me so well hehe!
I also received lots of cards and other gift vouchers and felt totally spoilt for the day. But as with all good things that come to us, it is normally followed with something bad. I came down with a pooie old cold the day after and feel all crappy, run down and keep coughing.
But who cares about a silly old cold, when you've just been asked to marry someone. So I'm staying in the warm, with the cupcakes, lots of Christmas DVD's to watch, cards to write, hot drinks and cold remedies to take and the thought of wearing my engagement ring on Saturday to make me all better.
Thank you everyone for the lovely birthday wishes, cards and emails. This blogging world is full of the most wonderful people. Hugs for each and everyone of you x x x
Back soon with photos of the cupcakes Christmas fete at playgroup. If you're in Rochester this Saturday afternoon, pop on in. 2.30-4.30pm Meadows Pre-school. Pick up a yummy cake or 2, last minute gift or just to see Santa lol
All my cupcakes wishes.
Catherine x




22 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations!

I am so pleased for you both, after the non starter on February 29th when he did not read your blog.

I am so excited for you, all the wedding plans, any idea of when?

Vanessa x

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh ... my ... goodness!!!!!
Yay, congratulations hunny bun!
How utterly exciting! I am sooooo pleased for you both!
The best present ever!
Sending lots of love & hugs to you, love
Alison
x

P.S so glad you like the goodies I thought a little more pink for the tree wouldn't go a miss!
x

driftwood said...

oooh congratulations, I'm so happy for you that you got your birthday wish! can't wait to hear all about the wedding plans!!! xxxxx

Rachel said...

Many congratulations! what a wonderful birthday present! :)

JacquiMcR said...

Congratualtions! With all the crappy stuff going on in the news just now, its great to hear of someones happiness. Have a fab christmas - jacqui

Sal said...

Hi there..I am so pleased for you..wonderful news!!
Have a great weekend ;-)

bekimarie said...

CONGRAGULATIONS!!! It's always nice to hear good news.
Take care
Beli xxx

April said...

Oh Catherine!!!!!!!! I am so, so thrilled for you!! Hugest congratulations!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the ring, hope you will keep us all informed of wedding plans ;-)

Big hugs my dear, dear friend

April xx

Rosesposes said...

Hi catherine
Congratulations to you both. I bet you are still on cloud nine. A cupcake wedding cant wait !

have a lovely weekend
so pleased for you x

Gem said...

What a fantastic birthday surprise! Congratulations to you both :) x

tcalamity said...

congratultions!!!!!!!!!! happy for you both.
xxxx
t

serendipitylovesnewyork said...

Oh Catherine, a huuuuge congratulations to you and Ben, I'm really happy for you both. So of course we all want to know when it will be. Happy belated birthday to you too, you were spoiled rotten, well deserved....Claire xx

jules said...

oh how lovely, keep us all posted, good news is what we all need at the moment
TRES BIEN!!!

love jules xx

jessica daisy said...

Congratulations!
So happy for you sweetie.
Jessx

Leah said...

Congratulations to you all.

My now DH asked me on my 33rd birthday too!! - sitting beside a swimming pool under the Tunisian Sky.

We've just celebrated our 7th anniversary and have a 4yr old DD.

Hope the rest of your life together is filled with love and goodness

Leah x

Garden Girl said...

Eeek!! How bloody marvelous, I am so thrilled for you both!
I look great in pink, should you need someone to carry your train.....xxxxxxxx

Donna said...

That's wonderful news Catherine, congratulations! He's a lucky man, you're going to be a wonderful wife. Happy Birthday x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Congratulations, hopefully your engagement won't be as long as mine.....12 years and counting!

x

Petticoat Lane said...

Catherine...CONGRATULATIONS.... I'm thrilled for you both. I've just got back from holiday, sat down for a few minutes at the computer to catch up on a few blogs and wow...yours was such a delight to read, it made my day. What a wonderful few months you've had now...long may it continue.
Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had the birthday of your life.
Now back to looking after 2 very poorly girls who came down with a sickness bug just before we hopped on a 9 hour flight..nightmare..something you never dream of happening on a flight!!
Many congrats again and lots of love & hugs.
Jane. xx

Taz said...

Congratulations I can feel your smile from here. :)

Gingham and Flowers said...

Oh I've been away for a few days so missed this one. From one Bride to be to another - Congratulations!!! I'm sitting here reliving the moment Simon proposed to me and can just imagine how you felt. Such a wonderful feeling. Especially when it comes out of the blue. And on your Birthday too! Happy belated Birthday. So when is the big day? Really excited for you.

jenny holiday said...

OOOOHHH congratulations!! What Happy Happy news!!! Hooray!!!

And a belated Happy Happy birthday!!!

xoxo Jenny