Friday, 23 January 2009

A very long post indeed.

Two big thank yous for the lovely awards, I'm very touched by them. Thank you for thinking of me, Alex and April you are both honey-pies and i wish you lots of happy cupcake moments for 2009 x

I will be passing them both onto the following bloggy lovelies:


Thrifty Mrs Fiona Gingham&Roses Kelly LastdayofMay Claire Elfie&Me

Donna Flower Jane PetticoatLane Anna AllThingsLovely
Tracy CupcakesatHome Claire SerendipityLovesNewYork Julia VintageHeaven

Kim RaggedRoses Alison VintageAmethyst Sara Allabouteden

Vanessa JustOriginal Right well that's 14 of you 7 for each award I got but really I want to give both of them to everyone in my Blogs i love to read and everyone that leaves me comments.

Oh my i have also been tagged by Victoria Plum thanks honey. So here are 6 random things about me!

1) I have a slight bit of OCD, if the knifes & forks are all mixed up i just have to sort them into the right places and face them the same way. Argh! Ben comes along and messes them all up. lol Just for a laugh (eyes rolling, men!).



2) I love everything pink but never ever wear it. I'd like to but I'd end up looking like a marshmallow.



3) I have a Bonne Maman jam jar full of tiny paper hearts and dots from the hole punchers, i just can't seem to throw them away and have to keep them in a jar. Maybe i could use it as confetti? lol



4) I can't knit, not one single bit. I'd love to do it and sit making hats, mittens and scarfs for everyone.



5) I own 33 pink storage boxes, you know the ones from Ikea. It's all for Mollycupcakes of course and not just because I'm barking lol I do look at them sometimes and think are they breeding over there in that corner lol



6) I love to cook for people and am the first to offer when cupcakes or other such treats need supplying. And i can't wait to get all the food sorted out for our own wedding, I've already got some ideas for the fruit cupcakes and wedding cake shaped cookies.



Not sure who to pass this on to really as i know a lot of you have already been tagged, just have ago if you feel like it and let me know. X






A short while ago someone and please forgive me but i can't for the life of me remember who it was, asked about the girls home made cooker. Well here it is. Just a storage box from good old Ikea, some black sticky back craft foam and gorgeous old looking handles from Homebase. And you have yourself a cute little cooker with storage space inside.

As you can see the cupcakes are cooking up a storm for Mr Bunny lol he's their first customer of the day.



While I'm talking about those cupcakes of ours, Daisy thought to herself that all the snow had gone from outside and that made her sad, so she created her own in their bedroom lol (yer thanks for that Daisy) at least it smells nice lol

Last weekend saw us with another member to the family. Jade's best friend Charlotte came to stay. The girls headed off shopping on the Saturday and on the Sunday we all went off to Hastings. And it was cold brrrr! Here is Daisy getting a big cuddle from Charlotte, she'd just woken up from the drive and no one else would do. Charlotte most defiantly has a way with children, it's what she wants to do after school. We'll give you a babysitting job any day. Daisy took a real shine to her, bless.



While Daddy was off getting bags of chips for all of us, we popped into the seafront arcade to keep warm. And the cupcakes high jacked this ice-cream van lol 99 anyone?


After sitting on a sheltered seafront bench enjoying our piping hot chips followed by a bag of sugar doughnuts Yum, thanks Ben for the treats they where just what the doctor ordered. We all started walking towards the old pier but decided that it was far to cold for walking along there so made our way across the road and off to the old part of Hastings, down a back street which was filled with little book, junk, cafes and sweet shops. And was out of the ever so cold wind.
This little sweetie shop was here when i was Molly's age and still here 30 years on. In pile the girls followed by Daddy who was paying lol
A bag of sweets each later and it was my turn for treats lol and off to my favourite shop in Hastings, Roberts Rumage. It's full to bursting with old vintage loveliness. And i was good this time and only came out with a lilac cotton wooden reel, 15p won't break the bank. Off down another road full of junk and vintage shops, then it was off to the beach.
We must be crazy is all i can say and thank goodness it wasn't raining as well. It blew away a few cobwebs and a little more i can tell you lol



Just look at that sea, wow it was ruff. But beautiful at the same time.

Ben and i snuggled for a photo and thought we'd be cheeky, just look at our tongues lol they are blue not from the cold but a yummy sweet from that shop. Blarrr!
Back in the car everyone soon warmed up and was falling asleep, apart from Ben of course. A fab day had by all, if somewhat chilly. Who says the seaside can't be fun in the Winter.

A new week sees Molly making this cool robot and chasing Daisy around the room with it. Awww sisters.

It's Friday now and I'll leave you with my new favourite song, hope it chills you as it does Ben and i.
Have a good weekend, many hugs.



15 comments:

Aqeelas House said...

I love the cooker which you made for the girls, i was just on the ikea website the other day looking at that storage box, thinking it would look lovely with flowered wall paper on the blank sides.

I watched the link for the T mobile ad too, love that, it always makes me smile when i see it!

Glad you are well and happy,

Aqeela

(formally raindrops2rainbows)

bekimarie said...

Thank you Catherine! It was me who asked about the cooker, fab idea!
All the ones we've looked at for Jack are either too expensive or too girly. Will definately be giving this one a go at some point.
Love the snow.
Take care
Hugs
Beki xxx

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the award, very much appreciated!

I saw the samples my sister did for you they were very beautiful.

Have a good weekend

Vanessa x

April said...

hello honey, lovely to hear all your news. I love the cupcakes cooker.

Jade and Charlotte look like very grown up young ladies.

I love the look of that sweet shop too.

Hugs

April xx

Miss sew n sew said...

Looks like you had a fab and very chilly day out I love traditional sweet shops like that. It's great what you've done with the girls homemade cooker what a clever idea. We have the maileg bed too I spotted in your photo mr rabbit looks like he's having a great time with the cupcakes!
Sarahx

saraeden said...

Thanks for the award honey ! Your little package will be on its way today sorry it has taken so long !

Hope the wedding plans are going well , i have made a start on my wedding favors !!


Sara x

Vintage Amethyst said...

Yoo Hoo hunnybun!
Thank you so much for thinking of me for the award. Fab!
Ooohh it looks like you had a fab day at the seaside, chips, donuts, vintage shopping & a trip to the sweetie shop ~ sounds perfect to me.
Have a lovely weekend
love
Alison
x

Rubyred said...

Love the cupcakes cooker,what a brilliant idea.I remember my daughter doing a similar thing with the talcum powder although it was all over a window and her face as well.
Rachel x

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your awards - very much deserved.

I think I prefer the seaside in winter, when it's not heaving with people. If it weren't so cold, it'd be perfect!

Lovely pictures - as always. x

Garden Girl said...

looks like you all had a fab day out, and lucky Ben being with all you ladies!x

serendipitylovesnewyork said...

OOO thankyou hun for the award, so very kind of you, your a lovely lovely girly!!
What a great idea for the cooker, a great imgination goes a long way! Looks like you had an enjoyable day out in Hastings, the sweet shop looked yummy!!
Have a great day! Claire xx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Congratulations on your awards, they are well deserved!
Love the cooker, chips, sweets and the sea to! Lol
Debbie Moss

Gingham and Flowers said...

Thanks for the award! I am so totally rubbish about blogging about awards or tags I've received but I am very grateful nevertheless. :-) Love the girls cooker. Very sweet.

Curlew Country said...

Oh I adore the cooker! what a fabulous idea. Clever you. Looks like you had a smashing, if freezing day out. Enjoy your weekend.

Stephx

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛