Tuesday 16 December 2008

I'm still floating

Thank you to everyone that has left me a congratulations, this is truly a wonderful time for me. I do keep pinching myself and looking down at my finger to see if it's really true. And this what i see. Ben really did get it right with this gorgeous ring, i don't think i ever shown him any rings that i liked, i just know i told him once when watching Don't Tell The Bride program (did anyone ever see that? wow bridzlers or what!), the sort of thing I'd dream of getting one day. Something old, just one small diamond set in a gold band. I like things elegant not huge and tacky. And look there it is lol
Ben told me that when he had decided to ask me, he went to one shop and there it was the only one there, waiting for him to go in and get it, bring it home and put it on my finger. Like it was just meant to be.
Perfect in ever way, god stop me if i go on but i thought with all the rubbish going on in the world right now, I'd share and send a little of our happiness. Hope you don't mind.
I just want to tell the world and shout it from the roof tops, how in love I am with the kindest, sweetest, caring and loving fella ever, (well in my eyes anyway). And how he's made me the happiest, smiliest person alive. xxx
To have & to hold, love you Benjamin Short forever x


Hope you all had a lovely weekend, I'll catch up on the 2 just gone over this week, we've had Dicken's fairs, Christmas fetes and parties galore and all with a flaming cold in tow lol but hey I'm a woman and it's takes more than a cold to stop me lol (right girls?).

Many hugs,

Catherine x

21 comments:

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi Catherine
Its beautifull and I am so glad for you all. Its lovely as it sounds like it is a very precious time for you and the fact it means so much too ,makes it even more special. You are very lucky to have found each other.It sounds like you have met your soul mate
xxx Dom

April said...

Oh Catherine, it is a beautiful ring - very You! I am so so thrilled for you, you deserve nothing less than perfect happiness

Hugs

April xx

LinenandRoses said...

Oh it's really beautiful. I totally agree with you about things being elegant. I also have really tiny hands and fingers and didn't want anything large and tacky. Mine is a really simple small band of diamonds which is just right for my mini fingers. Yours is just gorgeous. I know how you feel about constantly looking down at it and having to keep pinching yourself. I'm still doing that four months after getting it with my Wedding just 11 weeks away! I look at my ring constantly. Love the way it sparkles in the light. Enjoy all these lovely feelings. And don't worry about going on about it. As you say, there is so much horrid stuff in the World it is lovely to hear such lovely stories. So very happy for you. x

Perfectly Lovely said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Ive just read your post and found out Ben finally proposed!
Im thrilled for you hunny, I cant wait to hear all about your wedding plans...

Im so pleased for you, you've been wanting this for ages!

Oh, and what a gorgeous ring! well done Ben!!
Jen xxx

Petticoat Lane said...

Catherine it's beautiful, you must be still walking on clouds. You're going to have so much fun preparing for your wedding....will we be seeing a Jordon number?! OK,OK, It was the only pink dress I could think of!!!!
Good choice Ben, the man did good.
Jane. x

MarmaladeRose said...

Oh Catherine, congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I got a lump in my throat reading your post. Your engagement ring is beautiful. Being Mrs **** is the most wonderful thing in the world. I've been married 20 years this year and I still get a thrill see Mrs G*** on my mail. Looking forward to all the wedding plans. Fi x

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news and what a gorgeous ring, very elegant! Cant wait to read more about this, i just love weddings!

julie said...

hi cathrine, its lovely enjoy it its gonna be a great christmas in your house this year.

love jules xx

Rubyred said...

Congratulations to you both! What wonderful news!Can't wait to hear about all your plans.How exciting,
It's a beautiful ring.
Rachel x

julia said...

Just catching up on all the news and I'm so thrilled for you. Many, many congratulations, you truly deserve it. Happy birthday too!
Julia xx

Country Cottage Chic said...

Huge congratulations!! How exciting & what a lovely, perfect ring.

Claire said...

Its beautiful, how lovely that Ben listned to what you had described, what a wonderful start to Christmas...Claire xx

Ragged Roses said...

Hi Catherine, I am so so so happy for you. That is such wonderful news. I had my fingers crossed for you when you wrote your birthday post and wished for an engagement ring, well wishes do come true. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Love
Kimx

Taz said...

What a perfect ring for a perfect couple. :)

Jo said...

a lovely ring, congratulations
Josie x
found your blog via summer by the sea

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, oozing lots of love post. Ben picked a lovely ring, and you show it off well. So very happy for you both.
xxx
t
P.s all my girls send their love and congratulations.xxxx

Hen said...

Congratulations, that's great news. I'm sure he knows he's a very lucky man!
Hen x

claire Maraldo said...

Oh wow! I've been sick as a dog so have not caught up with you and you have the greatest news!!!! I'm so pleased for you both. You both are a match made in heaven.

Your sparkler looks really beautiful -can't wait to see you wearing it and glowing happily! What a lovely birthday surprise. And Ben has such good taste.

Well, you knew that already - he picked you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Marriage is wonderful - sometimes a little bit like hard work - but wonderful all the same. And you should be screaming from the rooftops ;-) It is such an exciting time for you both.

saraeden said...

Congratulations Honey x x x

Sara x

Garden Girl said...

how marvelous, it really is bee-yootiful, missis! the boy did good. Hope you have had a wondefully happy smiley christmas as newly engaged-nessees!
x