Wednesday 19 March 2008

I just had to share this.

After watching the dancing on ice final, which I'm totally hooked on. And very sad it's all over. I went and looked up some old Torvill and Dean moments on good old you tube.Wow it brought back memories for me, sitting at my Aunty Eileens down at Dymchurch, drinking tea, eating cakes all cosy in front of their fire. Watching them win gold and screaming and crying with delight. Wanting to be Jane Torvill and skate around with Christopher Dean.

I'm in my 30's now and still enjoy going staking. The little girl in me comes out and I light up on the ice. I must teach my new little ones to skate, if you can do it, it's great fun and fantastic exercise. Jade my oldest likes to go with and cheers when I skate backwards and on one foot. lol (ok now I'm just showing off)

I hope you enjoy this small clip from dancing on ice series 1. It's one of my favourite pieces of music they performed too.

Hugs to everyone.

Catherine x

6 comments:

julia said...

Rollerskating was my thing, not those new-fangled in-line skates, proper rollerskates with four whells. I loved it!
Happy Easter!
Julia x

julia said...

Rollerskating was my thing, not those new-fangled in-line skates, proper rollerskates with four whells. I loved it!
Happy Easter!
Julia x

Ragged Roses said...

I remember watching Torvill and Dean they were great! I love ice skating but am not nearly as adventurous as I was! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend (are you expecting snow too>)
Kimx

Anonymous said...

I was never that good at ice skating, I had a bad knee problem! but I always loved watching the olympic skating and still do. I was definitely better at roller skating (more support for the knees)! great video though, they are just so wonderfully talented!

Kitty said...

I can't skate to save my life - only in straight lines, so I have to bump into the sides at each corner *blush*

Hope you're all having a lovely Easter weekend. x

MarmaladeRose said...

I can't skate either, my blades get stuck in ruts in the ice from everyone else, so my feet go one way and I go the other, not good! I do however love to watch it. Fi x